Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 5, 2009
Futurist on Western Kentucky Climate Change
By Jacque Day
Western Kentucky – Next month in Lexington, the Kentucky Long-Term Policy Research Center is holding a conference to discuss the statewide effects of climate change. Wednesday night at the Sierra Club meeting on the Murray State campus, futurist Ivan Potter led a similar discussion, but with a focus pointed toward our region. Jacque Day sat down with Potter to discuss his ideas, which some might call radical, for how to begin turning the tide.