Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Front Page Episodes
Sun August 12, 2012
A Futile Armada
Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center opens a solo exhibition of Southern Indiana artist Rob Millard-Mendez later this month. Much of the sculpture in the show harkens back to his youth onboard his father’s fishing boat in Massachusetts. Millard-Mendez blends a wry sense of humor with an unusual amount of depth in his work. Drew Adams speaks with Mendez about his work and sense of humor. The opening reception for Rob Millard Mendez’s “A Futile Armada” is Saturday, August 18th at Paducah’s Yeiser Art Center.