Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue February 28, 2012
Funeral Services for Local Soldier to be Held in Florida
The family of a 44-year-old U.S. military officer from western Kentucky shot to death in Afghanistan over the weekend says his funeral will be held in Florida, where his wife and children live. Air Force Lieutenant Colonel John Darin Loftis was one of two high-ranking military officials killed Saturday in an attack at the Afghan Interior Ministry in Kabul. He was originally from Paducah, and attended high school in Calloway County.