Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Tue November 24, 2009
Fulton Football Player Charged
By Angela Hatton
Fulton, KY – A Fulton high school football player faces assault charges stemming from a brawl at a game in October. At an October 2nd Fulton-Calloway game, a fight broke out between players on both teams. A Calloway County player's parent contacted the Fulton County Attorney after their child sustained serious injury in the fight. The Kentucky State Police launched an investigation that included reviewing video footage taken at the game. Police then charged a Fulton High School juvenile with 2nd degree assault for striking an opposing player with a helmet. The juvenile is in the custody of his guardian.