Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue November 24, 2009
Fulton Football Player Charged
By Angela Hatton
Fulton, KY – A Fulton high school football player faces assault charges stemming from a brawl at a game in October. At an October 2nd Fulton-Calloway game, a fight broke out between players on both teams. A Calloway County player's parent contacted the Fulton County Attorney after their child sustained serious injury in the fight. The Kentucky State Police launched an investigation that included reviewing video footage taken at the game. Police then charged a Fulton High School juvenile with 2nd degree assault for striking an opposing player with a helmet. The juvenile is in the custody of his guardian.