Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Tue November 24, 2009
Fulton Football Player Charged
By Angela Hatton
Fulton, KY – A Fulton high school football player faces assault charges stemming from a brawl at a game in October. At an October 2nd Fulton-Calloway game, a fight broke out between players on both teams. A Calloway County player's parent contacted the Fulton County Attorney after their child sustained serious injury in the fight. The Kentucky State Police launched an investigation that included reviewing video footage taken at the game. Police then charged a Fulton High School juvenile with 2nd degree assault for striking an opposing player with a helmet. The juvenile is in the custody of his guardian.