Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Tue October 29, 2013
Full Ton Of Unwanted Drugs Collected
An anti-drug organization has collected a ton of unwanted prescription drugs using drop boxes throughout Kentucky.
Operation UNITE collected the medications in 34 counties last weekend as part of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
Operation UNITE President Dan Smoot says getting the medications out of medicine cabinets reduces the potential for abuse. The state has one of the highest prescription drug overdose rates in the nation.
Collecting pills helps to guard against potentially harmful effects from antibiotics, hormones, painkillers and other drugs getting into the water supply.
2013 KY General Assembly