Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 29, 2013
Full Ton Of Unwanted Drugs Collected
An anti-drug organization has collected a ton of unwanted prescription drugs using drop boxes throughout Kentucky.
Operation UNITE collected the medications in 34 counties last weekend as part of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration's National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
Operation UNITE President Dan Smoot says getting the medications out of medicine cabinets reduces the potential for abuse. The state has one of the highest prescription drug overdose rates in the nation.
Collecting pills helps to guard against potentially harmful effects from antibiotics, hormones, painkillers and other drugs getting into the water supply.
2013 KY General Assembly