Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed December 24, 2008
Ft. Campbell Troops Make it Back for Christmas
By Jacque Day
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell family members searched the skies for much more than flying reindeer this Christmas Eve. They'd set their sights on a plane, and they got their wish this afternoon when hundreds of soldiers from the 101st Combat Aviation Brigade returned to the post on the Tennessee-Kentucky state line. After 12 months in Afghanistan, the unit returned about 3 months sooner than expected. This comes on the heels of the events of yesterday, when soldiers from Fort Campbell's 101st Combat Aviation Battalion returning from Iraq received a surprise visit, from Santa Claus.