Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Thu November 6, 2008
Ft. Campbell Soldiers Coming Home Early
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – Over three thousand Fort Campbell soldiers will head home two months early after continued declines in violence in Iraq have led the U.S. Army to reduce its presence in the country. The 2nd Brigade Combat Team originally was scheduled to serve 15 months and return by February, but now troops will come home this month. The Associated Press reports the unit served in northwest Baghdad, where there has been a 50 percent decline in attacks and a more than 90 percent drop in murders.