Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 6, 2008
Ft. Campbell Soldiers Coming Home Early
By Carrie Pond
Ft. Campbell, KY – Over three thousand Fort Campbell soldiers will head home two months early after continued declines in violence in Iraq have led the U.S. Army to reduce its presence in the country. The 2nd Brigade Combat Team originally was scheduled to serve 15 months and return by February, but now troops will come home this month. The Associated Press reports the unit served in northwest Baghdad, where there has been a 50 percent decline in attacks and a more than 90 percent drop in murders.