Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Fri November 20, 2009
Ft Campbell Soldier Refuses Search; Shuts Down Gate 4
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – A Fort Campbell soldier allegedly refused a search of his vehicle yesterday at the installation's Gate 4, causing a half-hour shutdown at the post's primary access point. The soldier has not been identified, but officials say he has been charged under military law after he refused a random search. He was not arrested, but charged with making a threat intended to cause public fear and possession of a prohibited item. Officials aren't saying what the prohibited item is. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports the soldier could face up to 10 years confinement and dishonorable discharge.