Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon October 5, 2009
Ft. Campbell Casualty
By Todd Hatton
Combat Outpost Garda, Afghanistan – A Fort Campbell Soldier died Thursday at a combat outpost in Afghanistan from injuries sustained from insurgent small-arms fire. 22-year-old Specialist Russell S. Hercules Jr. of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment, of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade. He joined the Army in June 2006 and arrived at Fort Campbell in October 2008. Hercules is survived by a wife and son, mother and stepfather, and father. A memorial service for Hercules will be held in Afghanistan. Fort Campbell will hold an Eagle Remembrance Ceremony in November.