Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon October 5, 2009
Ft. Campbell Casualty
By Todd Hatton
Combat Outpost Garda, Afghanistan – A Fort Campbell Soldier died Thursday at a combat outpost in Afghanistan from injuries sustained from insurgent small-arms fire. 22-year-old Specialist Russell S. Hercules Jr. of Murfreesboro, Tennessee, was assigned to the 4th Battalion, 101st Aviation Regiment, of the 159th Combat Aviation Brigade. He joined the Army in June 2006 and arrived at Fort Campbell in October 2008. Hercules is survived by a wife and son, mother and stepfather, and father. A memorial service for Hercules will be held in Afghanistan. Fort Campbell will hold an Eagle Remembrance Ceremony in November.