Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri November 13, 2009
Ft. Campbell Behavioral Health Needs
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell hospital commander John Cook told Kentucky lawmakers Thursday he'd like to have a facility on the base to treat returning soldiers with behavioral problems. Colonel Cook testified before a joint House-Senate panel in Frankfort. He says, right now, soldiers with behavioral difficulties are sent to non-military centers.
"What I personally would like to see and I've had some discussions going on in the Fort Campbell community is in the future, possibly taking a look at creating an in-house ability for those that need in-patient care for behavioral health."
Colonel Cook says he's been discussing the issue with community leaders and hopes a new facility can come to fruition.