Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu July 4, 2013
Ft. Campbell Army Hospital Limits Services in Response to Furloughs
Ft. Campbell's Blanchfield Army Community Hospital will close or limit services on Fridays in response to mandatory federal budget furloughs.
Last month, the Department of Defense announced eleven mandatory no-pay days starting July 8 until September.
Citing military law, Blanchfield’s hospital commander granted 200 employees to remain at the facility on those Fridays to operate emergency and intensive-care facilities.
Officials are telling patients to expect longer wait times and delayed appointments.
The base hospital serves nearly 150,000 residents on the western Kentucky-Tennessee border.