Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
- Evidence On Marijuana's Health Effects Is Hazy At Best
Thu July 4, 2013
Ft. Campbell Army Hospital Limits Services in Response to Furloughs
Ft. Campbell's Blanchfield Army Community Hospital will close or limit services on Fridays in response to mandatory federal budget furloughs.
Last month, the Department of Defense announced eleven mandatory no-pay days starting July 8 until September.
Citing military law, Blanchfield’s hospital commander granted 200 employees to remain at the facility on those Fridays to operate emergency and intensive-care facilities.
Officials are telling patients to expect longer wait times and delayed appointments.
The base hospital serves nearly 150,000 residents on the western Kentucky-Tennessee border.