Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu July 4, 2013
Ft. Campbell Army Hospital Limits Services in Response to Furloughs
Ft. Campbell's Blanchfield Army Community Hospital will close or limit services on Fridays in response to mandatory federal budget furloughs.
Last month, the Department of Defense announced eleven mandatory no-pay days starting July 8 until September.
Citing military law, Blanchfield’s hospital commander granted 200 employees to remain at the facility on those Fridays to operate emergency and intensive-care facilities.
Officials are telling patients to expect longer wait times and delayed appointments.
The base hospital serves nearly 150,000 residents on the western Kentucky-Tennessee border.