Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Front Page Episodes
Mon January 28, 2013
Front Page Sunday 1/27
The word “frontier” likely conjures images straight out of a John Ford western. But what you may not be aware of is that if you reside in western Kentucky, you may soon be living in an officially designated frontier yourself. Federal officials say classifying the Purchase that way will help them assess things like access to services. We’ll speak with an area futurist about how being “frontier” could harm, or help, western Kentucky. We’ll also speak with a Murray State alumna about a frontier of a different sort. The West African native is working in her home country to expand the horizons of the nation’s young women. Then, we’ll get a report on a free clinic for Marshall County’s working poor that may be close to completion, and look ahead to next month’s MSU Presidential Lecture by director and producer Spike Lee.