Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed September 23, 2009
Friends of Caleb Barnett Sentenced
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – The three friends who allegedly partied with McCracken County teenager Caleb Barnett the night he died were sentenced in court yesterday. Barnett was shot to death on July 31 after hallucinating on mushrooms and breaking into a home. 19-year-old Zachary Rodgers and 18-year-olds Ryan Bridges and Kristen Mohler were sentenced to serve seven days in jail, perform 500 hours of community service, and serve two years probation submitting to alcohol and drug tests twice weekly. Barnett's parents were in court asking McCracken District Judge Chris Hollowell to show compassion and issue light sentences to the teens without jail time. However, the Paducah Sun reports Hollowell said it would send the wrong message to the community if the teens did not serve any time in jail.