Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 6, 2009
Friday Deadline for Dunlap Insanity Plea
By Chris Taylor
Smithland, KY – Defense attorneys in Kevin Wayne Dunlap's triple murder case have until Friday to say whether they are claiming mental illness in his defense. Lead attorney James Gibson told prosecutors he would let them know by Friday if he plans to claim that Dunlap suffered from any mental illness when he allegedly killed three children and seriously wounded their mother in a Roaring Spring home of southeast Trigg County. Dunlap's pre-trial conference was supposed to begin this Friday, but has been postponed to Monday, November 13. The Paducah Sun reports the trial will take place in Livingston Circuit Court, where the case has moved because of pre-trial publicity.