Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue June 2, 2009
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kids in some Kentucky schools will have greater access to fresh fruit and vegetables this coming school year. Sixty-five elementary schools, including ones in Fulton, Christian, and Henderson Counties, are eligible for the federal program. Schools with a high percentage of students on free and reduced lunch qualify for the program, which provides fruit and vegetables as snacks for students.