Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue June 2, 2009
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
By Angela Hatton
Frankfort, KY – Kids in some Kentucky schools will have greater access to fresh fruit and vegetables this coming school year. Sixty-five elementary schools, including ones in Fulton, Christian, and Henderson Counties, are eligible for the federal program. Schools with a high percentage of students on free and reduced lunch qualify for the program, which provides fruit and vegetables as snacks for students.