Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- New Details Coming for Downtown Paducah Hotel
- Kentucky Transportation Official Says No US 68/KY 80 Speed Limit Increase Until Project Complete
Tue June 12, 2012
Freedom of the Press and Congressman Yarmuth
A Kentucky Congressman wants to change the Constitution to effectively overturn the Supreme Court on political speech. But is that a good idea? Commentator and researcher Caleb Brown of the Bluegrass Institute says if you care about freedom of the press, everyone’s speech should get equal protection.
Caleb Brown is a researcher at the Bluegrass Institute, Kentucky’s free market think tank.
Note: Commentaries political in nature are solely the opinions of the commentator and do not necessarily reflect the views of WKMS or its staff.