Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Tue June 12, 2012
Freedom of the Press and Congressman Yarmuth
A Kentucky Congressman wants to change the Constitution to effectively overturn the Supreme Court on political speech. But is that a good idea? Commentator and researcher Caleb Brown of the Bluegrass Institute says if you care about freedom of the press, everyone’s speech should get equal protection.
Caleb Brown is a researcher at the Bluegrass Institute, Kentucky’s free market think tank.
Note: Commentaries political in nature are solely the opinions of the commentator and do not necessarily reflect the views of WKMS or its staff.