Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 19, 2010
Free park access for veterans
By Dan Conti
Frankfort, KY – State representative Charles Siler says Kentucky's state parks should reach out to commonwealth's disabled veterans. The southeastern Kentucky republican is suggesting they be given free access to park facilities three days every year.
"Essentially this would provide that any hundred-percent disabled veterans would be provided three days per year access to the state park, camp ground lodges and facilities."
Siler says Kentucky has about 44-hundred vets who would be eligible for the benefit.