Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30th
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Former Kentucky Lawmaker John Arnold Cleared of Ethics Charges
- Mid-Continent University "Doing Everything They Can To Stay Open"
Mon June 17, 2013
Free HIV Testing Events Scheduled in KY
Some community-based organizations and local health departments in Kentucky are hosting free test events for HIV this month, as National HIV Testing Day is marked on June 27. The goal is to let individuals learn their status and be linked to services if needed.
Kentucky Department for Public Health Commissioner Stephanie Mayfield says testing is one of the best ways to prevent transmission, ensure good health outcomes, keep costs down and keep infected people healthy. Since 2006, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended routine testing for everyone, regardless of risk factors, and specifically for anyone ages 13 to 64. To locate a site for free tests, visit http://1.usa.gov/11mivx0.