Most Active Stories
- Marshall County Judge-Executive Mike Miller Dies; Funeral Arrangements Set
- UPDATED: No Foul Play Suspect in Murray Woman's Death
- Murray Officials Seek Public Feedback on Future of Downtown Projects
- Murray Community Members Discuss How to Rebuild Downtown at Town Hall Meeting
- MSU President Talks Tobacco Ban, University Marketing Shifts
Tue October 9, 2007
Frederick Booker Noe III
By Kate Lochte
Murray, KY – Paducah's Carson Center fundraises with a Distiller's Dinner on Saturday, October 20th. The Carson Center's evening features a visit with Fred Noe, who is distiller for the small batch bourbon collection of Beam Global Wines and Spirits. Mr. Noe's great grandfather was Jim Beam. His dad, F. Booker Noe II helped revitalize the bourbon business in 1988 with his development of Booker's Bourbon. Kate Lochte asks Fred Noe to describe how a distiller develops a discerning taste for bourbon.
Fred Noe is a 7th generation Kentucky bourbon distiller. He hosts a fundraising dinner on the stage of Paducah's Carson Center, Saturday, October 20th. For reservations, call 270-443-9932, extension 240 and 241. Chef John Mangelos of the Barnwood Restaurant in Ripon, California and Little Edibles Catering in Paducah present a multiple course dinner for the evening with each course including the Knob Creek Bourbon as an ingredient.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lochte's interview with Noe.