Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Tue January 13, 2009
Fraternity Not Liable In Yonts Case
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – A federal judge dismissed a national fraternity from a wrongful death suit today. The case stems from a fatal accident involving a former Murray State student and lawmaker's son. Judge Thomas B Russell ruled Lambda Chi Alpha and its Murray State chapter cannot be held responsible for the behavior of Burgess Harrison Yonts, the son of Kentucky Rep. Brent Yonts. Yonts was convicted of wanton murder in the hit and run death of a Murray State Graduate Student. Former Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher commuted Yonts sentence from 20 years to eight.