Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu May 29, 2014
Frankie Avalon Performs for Paducah Tilghman Class of '64 Reunion
If you grew up between the late 50s and mid 60s, you may have had a teenage crush on Frankie Avalon. In 1959, his hit singles "Venus" and "Why" topped the Billboard charts. In the 60s, he appeared in several "beach party" films with Annette Funicello. And later, descended the stairs singing "Beauty School Dropout" in the 1978 film Grease. Paducah Tilghman Class of '64 hosts Avalon in concert for its 50th Reunion at the Carson Center tomorrow (May 30). On Sounds Good, Kate Lochte speaks with Frankie Avalon ahead of his performance.
Hear the conversation:
Frankie Avalon performs at The Carson Center in Paducah tomorrow night at 7:30. Tickets range from $45 to $100. The performance also features former deejay Dwayne "The Brain" Spees as the guest emcee along with rockabilly guitar great Stanley Walker.