Most Active Stories
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- Former Murray High Assistant Coach Pleads Guilty to Rape Cases
- Kentucky Baptists Take Credit for Failure of Medical Marijuana Bills
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 at 7 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
Thu May 29, 2014
Frankie Avalon Performs for Paducah Tilghman Class of '64 Reunion
If you grew up between the late 50s and mid 60s, you may have had a teenage crush on Frankie Avalon. In 1959, his hit singles "Venus" and "Why" topped the Billboard charts. In the 60s, he appeared in several "beach party" films with Annette Funicello. And later, descended the stairs singing "Beauty School Dropout" in the 1978 film Grease. Paducah Tilghman Class of '64 hosts Avalon in concert for its 50th Reunion at the Carson Center tomorrow (May 30). On Sounds Good, Kate Lochte speaks with Frankie Avalon ahead of his performance.
Hear the conversation:
Frankie Avalon performs at The Carson Center in Paducah tomorrow night at 7:30. Tickets range from $45 to $100. The performance also features former deejay Dwayne "The Brain" Spees as the guest emcee along with rockabilly guitar great Stanley Walker.