Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Health and Welfare
Mon June 18, 2012
Foundation Posts New Community Health Directory
The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has released a new online directory of community groups that could provide support for patients and their families.
The foundation lists more than 140 organizations in the directory. Combined, they reach all of Kentucky's 120 counties. The groups aren't healthcare providers, but they can give guidance, referrals and emotional support. Some of them have a relationship with their local health department, some may have a relationship with their local chamber of commerce, they are concerned citizens from all kinds of walks of life, says Foundation CEO Susan Zepeda. The foundation hopes to double the number of groups listed on the next directory. The most recent directory will be posted on the foundation's website.