Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Health and Welfare
Mon June 18, 2012
Foundation Posts New Community Health Directory
The Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky has released a new online directory of community groups that could provide support for patients and their families.
The foundation lists more than 140 organizations in the directory. Combined, they reach all of Kentucky's 120 counties. The groups aren't healthcare providers, but they can give guidance, referrals and emotional support. Some of them have a relationship with their local health department, some may have a relationship with their local chamber of commerce, they are concerned citizens from all kinds of walks of life, says Foundation CEO Susan Zepeda. The foundation hopes to double the number of groups listed on the next directory. The most recent directory will be posted on the foundation's website.