Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon August 17, 2009
Fort Campbell Welcomes Home Vietnam Vets
Fort Campbell, KY – Hundreds of veterans who never got a homecoming from the Vietnam War can say they've finally gotten their day of appreciation. At Fort Campbell on Sunday, veterans organized a re-enactment of their return from war, complete with greetings by relatives, friends and Army officials. The ceremony was organized as an official recognition of the sacrifice of the previous generation of soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen - many of whom received very little support following the Vietnam War.
The event was part of Fort Campbell's annual salute to soldiers called the Week of the Eagles.