Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Mon August 17, 2009
Fort Campbell Welcomes Home Vietnam Vets
Fort Campbell, KY – Hundreds of veterans who never got a homecoming from the Vietnam War can say they've finally gotten their day of appreciation. At Fort Campbell on Sunday, veterans organized a re-enactment of their return from war, complete with greetings by relatives, friends and Army officials. The ceremony was organized as an official recognition of the sacrifice of the previous generation of soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen - many of whom received very little support following the Vietnam War.
The event was part of Fort Campbell's annual salute to soldiers called the Week of the Eagles.