Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Mon August 17, 2009
Fort Campbell Welcomes Home Vietnam Vets
Fort Campbell, KY – Hundreds of veterans who never got a homecoming from the Vietnam War can say they've finally gotten their day of appreciation. At Fort Campbell on Sunday, veterans organized a re-enactment of their return from war, complete with greetings by relatives, friends and Army officials. The ceremony was organized as an official recognition of the sacrifice of the previous generation of soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen - many of whom received very little support following the Vietnam War.
The event was part of Fort Campbell's annual salute to soldiers called the Week of the Eagles.