Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Mon August 17, 2009
Fort Campbell Welcomes Home Vietnam Vets
Fort Campbell, KY – Hundreds of veterans who never got a homecoming from the Vietnam War can say they've finally gotten their day of appreciation. At Fort Campbell on Sunday, veterans organized a re-enactment of their return from war, complete with greetings by relatives, friends and Army officials. The ceremony was organized as an official recognition of the sacrifice of the previous generation of soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen - many of whom received very little support following the Vietnam War.
The event was part of Fort Campbell's annual salute to soldiers called the Week of the Eagles.