Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon August 17, 2009
Fort Campbell Welcomes Home Vietnam Vets
Fort Campbell, KY – Hundreds of veterans who never got a homecoming from the Vietnam War can say they've finally gotten their day of appreciation. At Fort Campbell on Sunday, veterans organized a re-enactment of their return from war, complete with greetings by relatives, friends and Army officials. The ceremony was organized as an official recognition of the sacrifice of the previous generation of soldiers, Marines, sailors and airmen - many of whom received very little support following the Vietnam War.
The event was part of Fort Campbell's annual salute to soldiers called the Week of the Eagles.