Most Active Stories
- What Kentucky Teachers Think Of Their Schools, Education Department Releases Survey Results
- MSU's Presidential Search Committee Plans to Use National Search Firm
- MSU Board of Regents Approves Dr. Tim Miller as Interim President
- Kentucky to Raise Gas Tax in July
- Survey Finds McConnell Leading Over Democratic Challengers
Wed May 9, 2012
Fort Campbell Soldier Sentenced to Life
A Fort Campbell soldier has been sentenced to life without parole in the deaths of his estranged wife and former mother-in-law. Brent Burke was charged in the 2007 slayings of Tracy Burke and Karen Comer. He had four mistrials in civilian court in Hardin County leading charges to be dismissed.
But the Army followed with military charges, and Burke was found guilty and sentenced yesterday. Tracy Burke and Comer were found fatally shot at Comer's home in 2007 after young children in the home called authorities.