Most Active Stories
- Winter Storm: KYEM Upgrades Emergency Activation Level, Travel Discouraged
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Wed May 9, 2012
Fort Campbell Soldier Sentenced to Life
A Fort Campbell soldier has been sentenced to life without parole in the deaths of his estranged wife and former mother-in-law. Brent Burke was charged in the 2007 slayings of Tracy Burke and Karen Comer. He had four mistrials in civilian court in Hardin County leading charges to be dismissed.
But the Army followed with military charges, and Burke was found guilty and sentenced yesterday. Tracy Burke and Comer were found fatally shot at Comer's home in 2007 after young children in the home called authorities.