Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- USEC Operations at PGPD Won't Continue
- Murray Woman Shares Story of Ongoing Persecution of Baha'is in Iran
Wed May 9, 2012
Fort Campbell Soldier Sentenced to Life
A Fort Campbell soldier has been sentenced to life without parole in the deaths of his estranged wife and former mother-in-law. Brent Burke was charged in the 2007 slayings of Tracy Burke and Karen Comer. He had four mistrials in civilian court in Hardin County leading charges to be dismissed.
But the Army followed with military charges, and Burke was found guilty and sentenced yesterday. Tracy Burke and Comer were found fatally shot at Comer's home in 2007 after young children in the home called authorities.