Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu April 12, 2012
Fort Campbell Soldier Receives Distinguished Service Cross
A Fort Campbell soldier credited with saving the lives of two fellow soldiers while wounded during an attack in Afghanistan will be presented with the nation's second highest military honor. Sergeant Felipe Pereira of the 101st Airborne Division will receive the Distinguished Service Cross today at the post. According to the citation, Pereira suffered shrapnel wounds to his spleen, lung and liver when his unit was attacked in November 2010 in Kandahar province. He refused medical treatment and helped evacuate two other wounded soldiers.