Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu April 12, 2012
Fort Campbell Soldier Receives Distinguished Service Cross
A Fort Campbell soldier credited with saving the lives of two fellow soldiers while wounded during an attack in Afghanistan will be presented with the nation's second highest military honor. Sergeant Felipe Pereira of the 101st Airborne Division will receive the Distinguished Service Cross today at the post. According to the citation, Pereira suffered shrapnel wounds to his spleen, lung and liver when his unit was attacked in November 2010 in Kandahar province. He refused medical treatment and helped evacuate two other wounded soldiers.