Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 10, 2009
Fort Campbell Soldier Charged in Fatal Car Crash
Erlanger, KY – A Fort Campbell soldier who was behind the wheel of a car in northern Kentucky when it crashed and killed his friend is facing criminal charges. Erlanger police charged 26-year-old Riley Ealy with driving under the influence, second-degree manslaughter and wanton endangerment. Police say Ealy was on leave from Iraq when he crashed into a tree early September 3rd. His passenger, 25-year-old James Fry, died in the crash.
A Kenton County judge allowed Ealy to return to Fort Campbell under the supervision of his commanding officer. The judge ordered the case sent to the grand jury, which will decide whether to indict Ealy.