Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed November 11, 2009
Fort Campbell School System May Lose Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – School administrators at Fort Campbell are seeking more information about a possible restructuring plan at their school system. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports Department of Defense Educational Activity Director Shirley Miles visited Fort Campbell to outline the plan, which could cut out some jobs at base's schools. Miles says the restructuring will eliminate doubling administrative positions. Fort Campbell and Fort Knox share a school network. Fort Campbell officials worry losing some jobs would create less transparency in operations.