Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed November 11, 2009
Fort Campbell School System May Lose Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – School administrators at Fort Campbell are seeking more information about a possible restructuring plan at their school system. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports Department of Defense Educational Activity Director Shirley Miles visited Fort Campbell to outline the plan, which could cut out some jobs at base's schools. Miles says the restructuring will eliminate doubling administrative positions. Fort Campbell and Fort Knox share a school network. Fort Campbell officials worry losing some jobs would create less transparency in operations.