Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed November 11, 2009
Fort Campbell School System May Lose Jobs
By Angela Hatton
Fort Campbell, KY – School administrators at Fort Campbell are seeking more information about a possible restructuring plan at their school system. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports Department of Defense Educational Activity Director Shirley Miles visited Fort Campbell to outline the plan, which could cut out some jobs at base's schools. Miles says the restructuring will eliminate doubling administrative positions. Fort Campbell and Fort Knox share a school network. Fort Campbell officials worry losing some jobs would create less transparency in operations.