Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed August 18, 2010
Fort Campbell Provides Economic Stability to Oak Grove
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Despite home foreclosures and decline in personal income levels, per capita income in the Oak Grove area has increased significantly. The Federal Bureau of Economic Analysis reports the Oak Grove area has experienced a 26 percent raise in per capita income between 2000 and 2009. The Eagle Post reports Mayor Dan Potter attributes the town's fiscal success to Fort Campbell. With an annual payroll of over one billion dollars, the Army's presence provides stable employment numbers for the area.