Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed August 18, 2010
Fort Campbell Provides Economic Stability to Oak Grove
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Despite home foreclosures and decline in personal income levels, per capita income in the Oak Grove area has increased significantly. The Federal Bureau of Economic Analysis reports the Oak Grove area has experienced a 26 percent raise in per capita income between 2000 and 2009. The Eagle Post reports Mayor Dan Potter attributes the town's fiscal success to Fort Campbell. With an annual payroll of over one billion dollars, the Army's presence provides stable employment numbers for the area.