Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 18, 2010
Fort Campbell Provides Economic Stability to Oak Grove
By Rose Krzton-Presson
Murray, KY – Despite home foreclosures and decline in personal income levels, per capita income in the Oak Grove area has increased significantly. The Federal Bureau of Economic Analysis reports the Oak Grove area has experienced a 26 percent raise in per capita income between 2000 and 2009. The Eagle Post reports Mayor Dan Potter attributes the town's fiscal success to Fort Campbell. With an annual payroll of over one billion dollars, the Army's presence provides stable employment numbers for the area.