Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Thu February 14, 2013
Fort Campbell Cutting Medical Services
Fort Campbell's hospital will be cutting a popular medication service and reducing hours at its pharmacy as it prepares for looming military budget cuts.
The Blanchfield Army Community Hospital says in order to meet mandatory budget reductions it has to make changes to extra services previously provided to soldiers and their families. One affected program is a self-care initiative allowing patients to get free over-the-counter medications from pharmacies at the hospital. Effective immediately, they will have to be purchased at local drug stores. Starting next week, the hospital's main pharmacy will close one hour early at 5 p.m.