Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Fri March 12, 2010
Fort Campbell Closes Roads to Tighten Security
By Chris Taylor
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell plans to tighten security at the base by limiting access to undeveloped training areas. Over the next two weeks, the base will close seven open roads in both Kentucky and Tennessee, either installing gates or barriers at the currently open remote access points. Officials say closing the roads will also help protect civilians from live-fire exercises and reduce instances of trespassing and criminal littering.