Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed December 23, 2009
Fort Campbell Brigade Headed to Afghanistan
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell's 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 101st Airborne Division will deploy 3,400 soldiers to Afghanistan in the early summer of 2010. The Department of Defense announced the deployment Tuesday as part of the 30,000 additional troops ordered to Afghanistan by President Barack Obama. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates also approved the deployment of approximately 2,600 support forces. They will deploy at various times in spring 2010. Three brigades of the 101st Airborne Division have already been preparing for scheduled rotation to Afghanistan next year.