Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed December 23, 2009
Fort Campbell Brigade Headed to Afghanistan
Fort Campbell, KY – Fort Campbell's 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 101st Airborne Division will deploy 3,400 soldiers to Afghanistan in the early summer of 2010. The Department of Defense announced the deployment Tuesday as part of the 30,000 additional troops ordered to Afghanistan by President Barack Obama. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates also approved the deployment of approximately 2,600 support forces. They will deploy at various times in spring 2010. Three brigades of the 101st Airborne Division have already been preparing for scheduled rotation to Afghanistan next year.