Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Thu September 24, 2009
Fort Campbell Assault Exercise Planned
Fort Campbell, KY – A small Obion County Tennessee town is preparing for a 101st airborne assault.
The "assault" is really just a training exercise for the famed Screaming Eagles. Residents of Troy have been told that they shouldn't be alarmed next week when
soldiers start dropping in from above. Fort Campbell officials say the training will help the soldiers, many of whom have regularly deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
prepare for real-world, combat scenarios. Starting on Tuesday, soldiers will start moving into Troy. They will identify four target buildings, search and clear them.