Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Thu September 24, 2009
Fort Campbell Assault Exercise Planned
Fort Campbell, KY – A small Obion County Tennessee town is preparing for a 101st airborne assault.
The "assault" is really just a training exercise for the famed Screaming Eagles. Residents of Troy have been told that they shouldn't be alarmed next week when
soldiers start dropping in from above. Fort Campbell officials say the training will help the soldiers, many of whom have regularly deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
prepare for real-world, combat scenarios. Starting on Tuesday, soldiers will start moving into Troy. They will identify four target buildings, search and clear them.