Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Thu September 24, 2009
Fort Campbell Assault Exercise Planned
Fort Campbell, KY – A small Obion County Tennessee town is preparing for a 101st airborne assault.
The "assault" is really just a training exercise for the famed Screaming Eagles. Residents of Troy have been told that they shouldn't be alarmed next week when
soldiers start dropping in from above. Fort Campbell officials say the training will help the soldiers, many of whom have regularly deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
prepare for real-world, combat scenarios. Starting on Tuesday, soldiers will start moving into Troy. They will identify four target buildings, search and clear them.