Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu September 24, 2009
Fort Campbell Assault Exercise Planned
Fort Campbell, KY – A small Obion County Tennessee town is preparing for a 101st airborne assault.
The "assault" is really just a training exercise for the famed Screaming Eagles. Residents of Troy have been told that they shouldn't be alarmed next week when
soldiers start dropping in from above. Fort Campbell officials say the training will help the soldiers, many of whom have regularly deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
prepare for real-world, combat scenarios. Starting on Tuesday, soldiers will start moving into Troy. They will identify four target buildings, search and clear them.