Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu September 24, 2009
Fort Campbell Assault Exercise Planned
Fort Campbell, KY – A small Obion County Tennessee town is preparing for a 101st airborne assault.
The "assault" is really just a training exercise for the famed Screaming Eagles. Residents of Troy have been told that they shouldn't be alarmed next week when
soldiers start dropping in from above. Fort Campbell officials say the training will help the soldiers, many of whom have regularly deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan,
prepare for real-world, combat scenarios. Starting on Tuesday, soldiers will start moving into Troy. They will identify four target buildings, search and clear them.