Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 20, 2009
Former Teacher Sentenced to Five Years
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A former Lone Oak High School teacher was sentenced Friday to five years in prison for having sex with a student. 34-year-old Jason Neelley was arrested last December after a 17-year-old girl reported she had a sexual relationship with him. Neelley's charges included first-degree sexual abuse, solicitation, and unlawful use of a minor in a sexual performance. The girl wore a recording device during a meeting with Neelley at the request of local police.