Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Wed April 29, 2009
Former teacher pleads guilty to sexual abuse
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – A former Loan Oak High School teacher could face at least a year in prison for sexually abusing a student. Commonwealth Attorney Tim Kaltenbach says Jason Neelley pled guilty to first-degree sexual abuse as well as three misdemeanor counts of sexual solicitation. Police arrested Neelley in December after a 17 year-old student reported the two were in a sexual relationship. Kaltenbach says the former teacher must serve at least one year in prison before becoming eligible for parole. Neelley's next court appearance is scheduled for July 1. He remains free until his sentencing.