Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed April 29, 2009
Former teacher pleads guilty to sexual abuse
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – A former Loan Oak High School teacher could face at least a year in prison for sexually abusing a student. Commonwealth Attorney Tim Kaltenbach says Jason Neelley pled guilty to first-degree sexual abuse as well as three misdemeanor counts of sexual solicitation. Police arrested Neelley in December after a 17 year-old student reported the two were in a sexual relationship. Kaltenbach says the former teacher must serve at least one year in prison before becoming eligible for parole. Neelley's next court appearance is scheduled for July 1. He remains free until his sentencing.