Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue September 22, 2009
Former Teacher Found Guilty of Assault
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – A McCracken County jury found a McNabb Elementary teacher guilty of assault under extreme emotional disturbance yesterday. However, they recommended neither a fine nor jail time for the class-B misdemeanor. Kem Brown-McCoy was arrested for hitting another woman with a baseball bat last April at the school's playground after school hours. The altercation began after children reported rough play to their parents. The Paducah Sun reports this is Brown-McCoy's second trial, her first was declared a mistrial. Her husband, Wallace McCoy is separately accused of bringing a gun onto school property during the same incident.