Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue June 23, 2009
Former Student-Teacher's Trial Scheduled
By Chris Taylor
Murray, KY – The sex abuse case against a former Murray State student-teacher will go to trial September 16. John Millwood faces numerous charges, including first-degree sexual abuse. He allegedly had sex with an underage student while working as a student teacher at Calloway County Schools. Millwood also faces charges of tampering with physical evidence, cultivation of marijuana, and possession of drug paraphernalia. Kentucky state law prohibits a person in a position of authority to have sexual contact with a person under 18.