Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu October 25, 2012
Former soldier testifies in TN murder trial
Former Fort Campbell soldier Jonathan Downing says he was provoked into shooting his wife to death in September of 2009. The Leaf-Chronicle reports Downing told a Clarksville jury Wednesday he was in the garage minding his own business, when Sena Downing struck him. He says he blacked out and then picked up his pistol when he, in his words, "registered the threat." He heard a pop but didn't realize he had killed his wife until later. Medical examiner Thomas Deering testified Sena Downing had multiple bruises on her body. He says her gunshot wounds were consistent with being in a sitting position when she was shot. Deering also testified that she had alcohol and marijuana in her system.