Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed July 1, 2009
Former Sheriff's Deputy Receives Extension on Payments
By Chris Taylor
Paducah, KY – Former McCracken County sheriff's deputy Benny Harding was granted an extra year to pay restitution for shooting himself and filing a false claim in a probation hearing yesterday. Harding testified that he has had difficulty keeping a job. He owes over $27,000 in expenses resulting from his self-inflicted injury. Investigators say Harding was attempting to qualify for permanent disability benefits by shooting himself in the shoulder and claiming someone else did it.