Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu May 22, 2014
Former Secretary of State Grayson Named President of N. Ky. Chamber of Commerce
Former Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson is the next president of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
Grayson resigned as secretary of state in early 2011 before taking a position as director of Harvard University’s Institute of Politics. He resigned from that position in April.
In his search for a new job, Grayson was a finalist for the presidency at Lexington's Transylvania University.
The chamber post goes a long way toward re-establishing Grayson as a Kentuckian in the eyes of voters, though Grayson, who lost to now-Sen. Rand Paul in 2010’s Republican primary for U.S. Senate, told WKMS last month he has no plans to enter the 2015 race for governor.
Grayson's position at the Fort Mitchell-based Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce begins July 1.