Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Thu May 22, 2014
Former Secretary of State Grayson Named President of N. Ky. Chamber of Commerce
Former Kentucky Secretary of State Trey Grayson is the next president of the Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce.
Grayson resigned as secretary of state in early 2011 before taking a position as director of Harvard University’s Institute of Politics. He resigned from that position in April.
In his search for a new job, Grayson was a finalist for the presidency at Lexington's Transylvania University.
The chamber post goes a long way toward re-establishing Grayson as a Kentuckian in the eyes of voters, though Grayson, who lost to now-Sen. Rand Paul in 2010’s Republican primary for U.S. Senate, told WKMS last month he has no plans to enter the 2015 race for governor.
Grayson's position at the Fort Mitchell-based Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce begins July 1.