Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Wed May 2, 2012
Former Professor and Gubernatorial Candidate Passes Away
Former Tennessee Democratic gubernatorial candidate Richard Chesteen passed away yesterday at the age of 72. The Union City native was a candidate for governor in 1994, and was a longtime political science professor at the University of Tennessee at Martin. Chesteen was an Obion County commissioner from 1982 to 1994, and taught at UT-Martin from 1969 until retiring in December 2007. He’s survived by his wife and two children.