Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon October 11, 2010
Former President Bill Clinton appears at Conway rally
By Brenna Angel
Lexington, KY – President Bill Clinton, appealed to students and young people in his campaign speech for Jack Conway Monday afternoon on the University of Kentucky campus. Mr. Clinton says Rand Paul, the tea-party-backed candidate for U.S. Senate, supports abolishing the Department of Education and eliminating Pell Grants.
"Don't let them play you. If you want every American to be able to go to college and stay and get a degree, you better vote for Jack Conway for the United States Senate."
UK Freshman Kevin Lyons of Elizabethtown came to the Conway rally out of curiosity, but he's not sure if he'll head to the polls on November 2nd.
"I figure it was my one shot to see someone important really. I haven't really made any decisions on anything. I'm not a real political person."
An estimated 5,000 people turned out to hear Mr. Clinton campaign for Jack Conway. Rand Paul has received national support from former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.