Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Tue July 14, 2009
Former Mayfield Doctor Pleads Guilty
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – A former Mayfield doctor has pleaded guilty to several felony and misdemeanor charges. Dr. Dinesh Shah may serve five years in prison for using his outdated credentials to mail-order drugs, and for practicing medicine without a license. Investigators allege Shah continued to see patients and prescribe them medicine after his clinic closed and the state suspended his license. Police seized thousands of pills from his clinic and home. Shah's attorney says the doctor recognizes he has made a mistake. He will be sentenced on July 27 in Graves Circuit Court.