Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Tue July 14, 2009
Former Mayfield Doctor Pleads Guilty
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – A former Mayfield doctor has pleaded guilty to several felony and misdemeanor charges. Dr. Dinesh Shah may serve five years in prison for using his outdated credentials to mail-order drugs, and for practicing medicine without a license. Investigators allege Shah continued to see patients and prescribe them medicine after his clinic closed and the state suspended his license. Police seized thousands of pills from his clinic and home. Shah's attorney says the doctor recognizes he has made a mistake. He will be sentenced on July 27 in Graves Circuit Court.