Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri March 13, 2009
Former Lone Oak High School teacher indicted on additional charges
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – A former Lone Oak High School teacher awaiting a trial for sexual abuse now faces additional charges. Police originally charged Jason Neelley with having sex with a 17 year-old female student earlier this year. Now a Grand Jury has also indicted Neelley with Portrayal of a Minor in Sexual Performance and Solicitation of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree. The case has raised questions about a new law that increased the age of consent from 16 to 18 when an adult is in a position of authority. The defense says Neelley did not commit a crime because the student was not enrolled in his classes. He is scheduled for arraignment on March 20.