Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Wednesday, March 5
Fri March 13, 2009
Former Lone Oak High School teacher indicted on additional charges
By Casey Northcutt
Paducah, KY – A former Lone Oak High School teacher awaiting a trial for sexual abuse now faces additional charges. Police originally charged Jason Neelley with having sex with a 17 year-old female student earlier this year. Now a Grand Jury has also indicted Neelley with Portrayal of a Minor in Sexual Performance and Solicitation of Sexual Abuse in the First Degree. The case has raised questions about a new law that increased the age of consent from 16 to 18 when an adult is in a position of authority. The defense says Neelley did not commit a crime because the student was not enrolled in his classes. He is scheduled for arraignment on March 20.