Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu August 20, 2009
Former Henry High Teacher Pleads Guilty
By Chris Taylor
Paris, TN – A former Henry County High School teacher has pleaded guilty to two counts of aggravated statutory rape, admitting she had a relationship with a 16-year-old male student. 37-year-old Sandra Kay Curtis of Camden was sentenced Monday to one-hundred and days in confinement and up to four years on supervised probation. Curtis is to have no contact with the victims, must register as a sex offender, and has agreed not to work in any school system again.