Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon December 21, 2009
Football Coach Brings "Hatch Attack"
By Angela Hatton
Murray, KY – Murray is about to get hit with the "Hatch Attack." Murray State University officials have selected Chris Hatcher of Macon, Georgia, as the new head of Racer football. Hatcher's coaching technique gained the nickname "Hatch Attack" for its aggressive style.
"You expect a lot, you get a lot. You expect a little, you're going to get a little. So we're going to expect the very best out of our players each and every day. We're going to expect them to give a hundred percent of their talents to the good of the team, to the good of the University."
Hatcher spoke at the announcement last night. He's previously coached for Valdosta State University and, most recently, Georgia Southern University. Hatcher says he expects several from his coaching staff to follow him to MSU from Georgia Southern. Contract negotiations are ongoing with Murray State's Athletic Department and should be completed in sixty days.