Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri December 18, 2009
Food Stamps in Christian, Todd and Trigg
By Kentucky New Era/ Long-Mendez
Hopkiiinsville, KY –
Food Stamp usage is up this year from previous years in Christian, Todd and Trigg Counties. The Kentucky New Era reports Christian County had the largest increase of three-thousand participants bringing it to over thirteen-thousand. Todd and Trigg Counties experienced an increase of five-hundred bringing them to around two-thousand participants. Unemployment rates remain above twelve percent for all three counties.