Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu September 24, 2009
Flu Outbreak Closes Clarksville High
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville High School is closed today and tomorrow, after about a third of its students stayed home yesterday. 346 students were absent. Director of Schools Mike Harris says the decision to close the high school was unprecedented, calling the flu-outbreak an anomaly. Clarksville High is the only school in the district to close. School officials say the closure will not be counted against student attendance records and classes are expected to resume Monday. Athletic and extracurricular activities continue, but student participation is at parent's discretion.