Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
Thu September 24, 2009
Flu Outbreak Closes Clarksville High
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – Clarksville High School is closed today and tomorrow, after about a third of its students stayed home yesterday. 346 students were absent. Director of Schools Mike Harris says the decision to close the high school was unprecedented, calling the flu-outbreak an anomaly. Clarksville High is the only school in the district to close. School officials say the closure will not be counted against student attendance records and classes are expected to resume Monday. Athletic and extracurricular activities continue, but student participation is at parent's discretion.