Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Wed April 18, 2012
Flooding May Not affect Northwest Tennessee Port
Project executives with the Cates Landing port on the Mississippi River in northwest Tennessee are optimistic that spring flooding will not affect construction. Work on the multimillion-dollar Lake County riverport has been ongoing since 1999. Mike Sanders, of Dyersburg’s Forcum-Lannom Contractors reported to the port authority the project "is starting to look like something." He says forecasts show a normal risk for spring flooding, and that "everything is tracking along pretty good." The slack water port will handle barge traffic, improving bulk cargo handling for northwest Tennessee. Officials say dock construction is expected to be completed in late summer.