Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Wed April 18, 2012
Flooding May Not affect Northwest Tennessee Port
Project executives with the Cates Landing port on the Mississippi River in northwest Tennessee are optimistic that spring flooding will not affect construction. Work on the multimillion-dollar Lake County riverport has been ongoing since 1999. Mike Sanders, of Dyersburg’s Forcum-Lannom Contractors reported to the port authority the project "is starting to look like something." He says forecasts show a normal risk for spring flooding, and that "everything is tracking along pretty good." The slack water port will handle barge traffic, improving bulk cargo handling for northwest Tennessee. Officials say dock construction is expected to be completed in late summer.