Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Tue April 23, 2013
Flood Warnings for Kentucky, Tennessee Near Mississippi River
The National Weather Service is issuing flood warnings in Kentucky and Tennessee as the Mississippi River starts to slowly rise from northern floodwaters, but officials say the rising water should not have a significant impact.
NWS Meteorologist Marlene Mickelson in Memphis says the lower part of the Mississippi River will see elevated levels through the next two weeks.
Jim Pogue with the Army Corps of Engineers in Memphis says the corps is not anticipating any significant flooding in its region, which includes parts of western Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Arkansas, southern Missouri and southern Illinois.
Pogue says the land near the river is mostly agricultural.